Area of Focus
- Urban Conservation
- Land Protection
Length of Internship or Fellowship
- 1 Year
Significant online research, drafting written products, phone contact with non-profit groups and technical assistance. In addition to preparing board materials and supporting fund projects, the intern will assist with administrative services (phone coverage, processing mail, responding to requests for information, tracking applications, and supporting finances/accounting). Project Areas: Based on interests, skills, and the needs of the Fund, the intern's duties will cover the following areas:
- Publications: Compile research materials and draft reports, white papers, and grantee summaries for board. Create charts, graphs and maps for inclusion in publications and reports.
- Grant-making and Issue Research: Assist with grant proposal review, note taking, and draft summaries. Research issues dealing with program areas and areas of board interest.
- Administration: Answer phone calls and mail, day to day correspondence, some event logistics, scanning news articles for twitter account. Post to Instagram.
- Board meeting preparation: Compile board materials. Format presentation for meeting. Organize transportation & meals. Take photos of events. Board meetings alternate between Boston and NYC.
- Finances & Accounting: Support Chief Financial Officer in reconciliation tasks and preparing for audit.
- Interested in non-profit operations.
- Have completed an undergraduate degree.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be comfortable with Apple computers, familiar with Internet research, highly organized, and comfortable working in a small office.
- Have a working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suites software and know or willing to learn Adobe InDesign.
- Have integrity, curiosity, and a sense of humor.
- On-site Location
- Office located in Milton, MA (10 miles south of Downtown Boston, MA), 1 block from Central Stop off MBTA- Mattapan Line - extension of Red Line. Reimbursement of MBTA Monthly LinkPass (Bus & Subway).
- Cover letter
- Brief writing sample (preferably an article or research report)
- List of three references
YesAre Expenses Covered?
Yes<!-- [et_pb_line_break_holder] --><br/><!-- [et_pb_line_break_holder] -->Click here to apply